Setup with Hugo and GitHub Actions
Publishing a website has come a long way since the days of handcrafted HTML pages. Here is how to setup it ‘serverless’ 😏
Just by using an editor and install little tool it is possible to preview and publish a pretty decent website. And best of all: its blazingly fast. From pushing changes to published pages in about 10 seconds!
The workflow looks like this:
- create content by editing markdown files
- optionally preview changes locally just
hugo server --buildDrafts
- push changes to github repo
- publish with Github Actions (see my gh-pages.yml) which renders HTML by using hugo (my preferred static site generator)
- serve static pages with Github Pages
See my karstenmueller.github.io repo for the code.
It’s quite fancy to blog from my iPad with Working Copy!